Monday, April 6, 2009

Life sure is sweet...


Every single day I am amazed at how wonderful life is. Regardless of what's going on, life is good. You simply cannot deny that this life is amazing. I am just so very thankful to God for giving me such joy in Him. I find new reasons to laugh and sing and dance and just generally be happy about every single day.

I love walking around and noticing the beauty of things for the first time. I mean, sometimes I've seen these things at least a million times but I've never taken the opportunity to really look at them. Let's say, for instance, the trees or the clouds, or the sunshine, or the grass, or even little sickening bugs. Everything has such a unique beauty to it that I really believe God intended for us to notice. One thing that I've had a major fascination with for the past two years or so is the sky. I think the sky is just absolutely breathtaking. The way that the clouds sometimes span across the blue, or the colors of the sunset when they turn everything orange. That is my absolute favorite time of the day...When everything seems to take on this orangey tint. The way the sky looks just before it rains is another thing that is just beautiful to look at. I hate that I don't take the time out of my day more often to notice these things.

I'm going to make it an effort now to see the beauty in everything that God has created. I am going to give him the credit and the glory for making things so beautiful for us when it's not even necessary. I mean, think about it...There's no reason that the sky has to turn all shades of pink and red and orange right before it goes down. I believe that God made that happen so that we can enjoy it...

Take the time to look around you and really see things...

It's an amazing world we live in...Take advantage of it.



No comments:

Post a Comment